Let's Be Naive Together!

"Be simple", she said... so I made this blog.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Watch out, here comes teenager Robert Francis




I was reading Coco's blog and I saw a post about a guy called Robert Francis. She put the song that gives the title to the album so I proceeded to download it. It caught my attention, the voice is a mixture between Josh Ritter and Ryan Adams; the whole record is mellow and teen angst is in the air. Then I think:

"Coco's birthday is coming and she wants the album so bad (actually she couldn't find it in the torrents or any other software around), I think I'm gonna buy her the album as a present, hope she likes it."

She said that she needs it to start fresh this year. Right now I'm glad I got her the record because "Little Girl" is haunting me and "I can't seem to do anything right anymore...", I couldn't agree more.

"You said you wanna be outside and you wanna feel alive
I said I didn't wanna move I just want to survive.
So I sit here waiting for the sun to come
And I watched it rise like we never done
I wanna kill myself just to kill the pain
And then you know you'd feel like you're the one to blame..."

***I think this song belongs to our mix-tape below this post.


Quoting Andy Vietze from Crawdaddy Magazine:

"Considering Francis was still a teen when he put this record together, his world-weariness and gifts as a musician are rather stunning. He did have many advantages, though, growing up in a musical household with siblings in indie bands (his sister Julliete Commagere is in Hello Stranger) and family friends like Ry Cooder, who lends guitar here. Francis was Chili Pepper guitarist John Frusciante's only guitar student, and he learned his lessons well. He plays everything from six string to banjo to drums to glockenspiel—and he does so well."

So buy the record One by One. I know you will thank me just like I thank Coco for writing a post about Robert Francis. Amen!

Robert Francis
One by One
Aeronaut Records
2007

Track list:

1. Mama Don't Come
2. Good Hearted Man
3. Little Girl
4. Love For Me
5. Dakota
6. One by One
7. Alice
8. Pilgrims
9. The Devil's Mountains
10. All Of My Trains



P.S: HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY COCO!


2 comments:

Tercermundo said...

I like it... but... i prefer to write in spanish so... folk, folk clásico bonito. Matutino. Brisa despertina que inmendiatamente induce al nescafé. No desagrada. Pero extraño el ruido. Por otro lado, qué buena labor la que haces... me gusta el blog. Aunque... dónde están toda aquella escena latinoamericana????????? habiendo tanta????

cnstnz said...

Me voy al country side ahora. Con vaquitas, caballitos, piscinas y rios. Lo escucho a la vuelta. Justo el martes22. Gracias muchas, muchas gracias.

Lotsssss offff loveee.

Coco