Let's Be Naive Together!

"Be simple", she said... so I made this blog.

Friday, January 04, 2008

The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer: unbeatable duo. There's a phrase stuck in my head, "Why so serious?", posters all over Chicago (I got the chills), in the end, that was the main location for the film; I live in Gotham City but I ain't Batman, maybe Dick Grayson.

It sounds lame, but I'm a geek and I grew up with Batman, he's real, he has no super powers, he's just... extraordinary... tenacious, that's it. The Dark Knight Returns is one of my favorite graphic novels of all time along with The Watchmen and I know for a fact that the story of this movie is going to be just in the same line that the literature I just mentioned, and to prove it, there's a scene in the trailer, a classic one, where The Joker is hanging his head out the window like a child or lines such as:

The Joker: Starting tonight... people will die. I'm a man of my word. And just then, the creepy laughs, a classic in the comic.

The Joker: [to Batman] You've changed things... forever. There's no going back. You see, to them, you're just a freak... like me! Dark lines, Frank Miller style.

Mayor: [regarding The Joker] What do we got?
Lt. James Gordon: Nothing. No name, no other alias. Clothing is... custom. Nothing in his pockets but knives and lint. It sticks with the mystery's intensity of the graphic novel.

The Joker: [after Rachel knees him in the groin] Ooh, a little fight in you. I like that.
Batman: Then you're going to love me. The humor is here... The world needs The Batman... so Joker, let's put a smile on that face! An instant classic.

Four days after my birthday, July 18th, that'd be my present, the opening night of The Dark Knight. Hopefully, here will be a screening before, just to kill the wait.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the trailer and a 6-minute piece of the movie's intro. It's kinda crappy, but your undies are going to be the same when you've finished watching it.







...The wind is blowing, there's no heroes, just one vigilante... no need to tell you his name, you know he's watching you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.