Let's Be Naive Together!

"Be simple", she said... so I made this blog.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The song/girl stuck in my head...



Last night I attended to the Abbey Pub just to see the Von Bondies but I saw more than that: my ex-girlfriend, so the song came to mind and now it's bringing her back to my heart... She couldn't say hello, she just stood there dancing and I was holding myself to break into tears or just to jump on her and kiss...

"I didn't stand a chance.
I couldn't stand at all.
You looked ok with the others.
You looked great on your own.
It was 2002 and you couldn't be bothered to say, 'hello' or 'goodbye'.
Or stand the 'test of time' - you did, I just tried to separate an ocean from these tears we cried...


Where did you get that line?
Where did you get that look?
Where did you get that penchant for destruction in the way you talk?
Where did you get that ride?
Where did you get that rocket?
Where did you get that painter in your pocket?


I didn't stand a chance.
I didn't stand at all.
You looked ok with the others..."

She left and I guess it's truth, she has a penchant for destruction, except that she didn't talk at all, she just played bull's-eye with my heart... the dart still is embedded into my heart. I guess I didn't stand a chance nor I will, you really look okay with the others. I'm gonna stumble on that birthday cake I bought for you!

Click the track to download the song and feel like I do: Destroyer - Painter in your Pocket.mp3


1 comment:

MAI said...

gran canciòn, te abrazo!