Let's Be Naive Together!

"Be simple", she said... so I made this blog.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Man who got abandoned at the airport...


1:39 PM Central Time/11:39 AM Pacific Time:


There was a lot of people interested in picking me up at the airport in San Francisco but nobody showed up. Right now I'm sitting in front of the "Baggage Claim" area, but I'm not sad at all. Actually, for the very first time (since I arrived in Chicago), I'm feeling good: a nice weather and beautiful girls passing by with suitcases and sunglasses, the rays of the sun are delighting my face and they make my hair look so golden. Even though I'm on my own, San Francisco is already looking good.

My wife Sierra Mac is in critical condition, a lot of scratches and a bended metal. The story is quite an odyssey and pretty stupid by the way. But I'm safe and the blizzard stopped. From now on I will just enjoy looking at the girls, laying down on the sand and feeling the breeze after a long long time of being covered in snow.

Oh! I gotta go, there's a geek girl looking for help... Nobody's helping me, I know, but that doesn't mean that I can't spare a hand... or an eye!

In the meanwhile enjoy these songs that were organized in three sets:

1. California: "Find Yourself Here" you told me that and I'm trying to do it. I love your beaches and I know I cheated on you by telling the world, "My heart is divided by two states: California and Illinois..." but I've had it with the snow that froze my heart. The good thing is that you're already taking care of it... but don't melt it!

Low - California

The Magnetic Fields - California Girls

The Decemberists - California One Youth and Beauty Brigade

+++As a plus, a beautiful cover by the prodigal sons of California, The Beach Boys sing to The Mamas & the Papas - California Dreamin'

2. Airports: I'm not an oilman therefore I can't be traveling that much... but right now I feel like I've been drinking up so many milkshakes at so many places without finding peace in mind or something to make me feel special. I'm bouncing from place to place, from "ticketing and checking" to "immigration" to "customs" to "ticketing and checking". Once again, I'm not an oilman, therefore I'm not rich so I can't be traveling this much. Everybody seems to be in such a hurry all the time, running from gate to gate, I hate to be an outsider... stop staring at me. And without you guys, I'm feeling like to be place at the "lost and found" room.

Karate - Airport

Crystal Skulls - Airport Motels

The One AM Radio - The Echoing Airports

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Airport Samba

Sondre Lerche - Airport, Taxi, Reception

3. Some Songs to Explain the State I'm In: I remember when you sent a "Messenger" to tell me something about "The Dream You Left Behind" and that I was doing the same so I sent you a reply with a "Morning Bird" telling you not to cry now and wait for me, there's still a shine of "Light"... and then it's when "I Was Hit" that "There Is a Light that Never Goes Out" and it's called "Hope".

"Don’t run just walk and walk and walk
Don’t loose yourself to decorate
Somewhere on your wall
Cause somewhere in your mind
You know you are doing fine."

I can hear you Kazu. I'm walking and I won't keep trying to do things flawless just to impress someone I don't give a fuck about... I apologize, my behavior was out of line, but I guess I'm really doing fine... at least not that bad.

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Stop chasing geek girls!!!!! hahaha. Glad you are back to your blog, I was about to get bored. Too bad (or shall I say 'too good' since I do not know yet how it went with the geek chic) nobody picked you up at the airport. Yet, you could've just moved your golden curly hair to the air to catch a ride, hahahahhahahaha. Sorry, the golden shit made me laugh a lot, hahahhaa. Kisses

MAI said...

i'll try to send a californian song for you. via email.
hug.

Andrea Lopez Estrada said...

Rizos: Por mucho que me gusta este post...basta ya!!! Postea algo, la huelga de escritores ya terminó. Abrazos